The Eagles. Not a massive fan of country music generally, but the Eagles are one band that I really enjoy. They’ve made numerous great songs, from which I have the unenviable task of choosing just five. So here goes…
(1) Desperado – Fantastic lyrics, great tune, excellent performance = oustanding song.
(2) Hotel California – Sometimes there is a reason why a band’s best known song has that status, and this is definitely one of those times. So I do not feel bad about the clichéd selection. I love the whole atmosphere of the song, and it brings back some great memories of singing along to it in various places in my life (not including California incidentally, as I have never been there).
(3) Peaceful Easy Feeling – Simple but effective, like many of the best songs. And I love playing it on the guitar, too!
(4) Lyin’ Eyes – Another real classic, with one of my favourite choruses.
(5) Take It To The Limit – Love the 3/4 time, which gives it a different feel, and another great chorus as well.