Working on the basis that, as in a record shop, any band beginning “The” comes under the next word of their name…T is for Then Jerico.
Maybe a bizarre choice but one of my favourite bands during my late teenage period and a key part of the soundtrack to those very formative years. Here are my five choices for today:
(1) Sugar Box – One of their hit singles, this was one of the first of their songs I actually heard and has remained a favourite.
(2) The Motive – Brilliant track from their first album.
(3) What Does It Take – Particularly like the singalong chorus, featuring the wonderful Belinda Carlisle on backing vocals.
(4) A Quiet Place – Remember feeling a great affinity with the line “Don’t I have the right to feel apathy and sympathy” as a teenager for some reason, still love the song though.
(5) Where You Lie – Another standout track from their best selling album “The Big Area”.
Avoided the temptation of including any of the songs from lead singer Mark Shaw’s solo album “Almost”, which is a superb collection, highly recommended. I had it on cassette for years but it was an absolute swine, not to mention costly, to track down on CD about ten years ago.